Monthy Project: Make A Quilt Rack

I saw a quilt rack in a magazine and they wanted $89.95 for it. 

So, when I took a closer look at it, I decided to head to the local craft store (for the unfinished shelf & the crackle paint) and then to Lowe's (for the dowel).
                                     











Materials needed:
  • one 4' unfinished shelf (with groove along back to stand things up if you want)
  • one 1" diameter dowel  4' long 
  • spray Crackle Paint (Base and Color of your choice)


Drill holes in side braces of shelf large enough to run the dowel through and a "little wiggle room" to spare.  Crackle finish.  Voila!  You are now ready to hang your old quilt (Ebay).

P.S.  Don't you just love my old barn & hand carved wooden sheep?  They were a find at a yard sale...:)   I'll bet they could tell a few good old barnyard stories!!!
 

Comments

Popular Posts