Memory Lane: A Restaurant (aka Family & Friends = Fall Warmth)


When I went up to Connecticut last week, my daughter had a day off which was great because it gave us a chance to spend an entire day together...something we rarely get to do when I visit.  Originally we wanted to hit the beach...something we used to do way back in the day when she and her girl friend, Donna, used to have me take them to the beach.  But it was a little chilly and somewhat overcast for "beaching it" so, we decided to hit a few stores, then meet her best friend for lunch. 

My daughter and Donna have been friends for about 27 years and they are so funny when they get together.  They are always giving and taking advice from each other.  Some day, I'll have to tell you about the time that Donna ran away from home...what a story that is! 

Anyway, the girls had agreed on a restaurant in Southington, called Anthony Jacks.


Great luncheon specials for $7.99 and whatever the dessert was that Donna ordered was absolutely the most decadent thing I ever tasted.  It is served with scoops of vanilla ice cream and tons of whip cream.  It is something like a "lava cake"...where it is not completely cooked...never heard of such a thing but it was yummy!!!

When we went inside and found Donna, I wanted to take a picture of her and my daughter.  So, I positioned myself accordingly and what I didn't see (but my daughter did) was our waitress rolling her eyes in annoyance as I took the picture!  Brat!  I thought when Jennifer told me.  Doesn't she know how important it is to spend time with those that you love?  Apparently not...and perhaps that's why she had a cranky look on her face through our entire visit.  To me, the food was almost as great as the company!

Comments

Popular Posts