Memory Lane Fridays: A Time When You Were Sick

 

It wasn't that long ago...August of this year. I had caught a cold somehow (I am convinced that I know where, but I do not want to make her feel bad) and considering I had been running around trying to do all the last minute stuff you do when company is coming, I should have known that I was a little run down.  I always like to go out of my way to make company feel welcome at the Hollow.

Anyway company was arriving on Friday and I got sick on Thursday...yep...72 hours after I had been over you know who's house...oh, that's right...I wasn't going to make her feel bad, was I?  Our company arrived and I told them I had caught a cold and was worried that the three little ones would all catch it during their stay. 

I was able to hold my own with all the activities all day Friday and Saturday, including two of the projects that I'd planned for the girls and I to do.  However, Sunday and Monday I was not a happy camper.  I had no energy, was sort of achy all over and a little feverish, let alone that I was terribly congested.  So, I pretty much stayed up in the loft, coughing, sneezing and blowing while my three favorite little ones were outside romping and playing.

By Tuesday I was feeling better so at least I was able to walk with the girls and our dogs.  The girls love holding the leashes and giving the dogs the commands.  I have taught them to speak in a "mommy voice" when telling Moon and Copper what to do.  Laugh, if you will, but as soon as I told them to "use your mommy voice", they immediately used an assertive tone!

Oh, and as far as passing things on to your grandchildren...well the girls...they were leaving Thursday...two of them woke up Wednesday with runny noses.  The third one got it the day they left.  So, it was a memorable "being sick episode" for me especially since my good neighbor, Lisa, over at Two Bears Farm and Three Cubs was nice enough to give it to me and I was able to "pass it on" to three of my grandchildren!

Oh, but that's right, I wasn't supposed to make her feel bad...HA!!

Comments

Popular Posts