Family & Friends = Fall Warmth (Part 3)

I had planned on taking my kids to the "Big E" (which is short for Eastern States Exposition) on Sunday.  This fair, if I could even call it that runs for three weeks each year and my kids and I have gone on a pretty regular basis.  Besides having the rides and the "fair" food...you know things like deep fried veggie platters, steak & cheese grinders, mini cinnamon donuts (which is ALWAYS our first stop when we get there early in the morning!), sausage & peppers, etc...there are tons of exhibits and vendors selling their wares.
I had a hard time trying to decide exactly what photos to include, so I simply included a bunch.  The infamous Budweiser Clydesdales were there as usual and when we first arrived (after chowing down on those warm cinnamon donuts that simply melt in your mouth!!) we went into one of the arenas to watch a Junior Jumping competition...where is my neighbor when you want her?

As we meandered around the grounds, we just had to go into the Farm-A-Rama building.  My grand daughter got the biggest charge out of the baby chicks...although she was reluctant to pet or touch the sheep and goats.  Have you ever seen a Jacob Sheep?  It can grow multiple sets of horns.  They had one that had six horns!  One of my friends down here has one...that's another story!

It was a perfect "fall fair day" as my son called it...cool in the morning, but sunny and bright in the afternoon.  Unfortunately, I never took a picture of all the food that I ate...those darn fried veggies...but it was yummy!  Now this, my friends, is just what a fair is supposed to be!  So, if ever you're in New England or headed that way in the Fall, be sure to check it out!  There's still time....it runs until October 3rd!

So you see, Family & Friends = Fall Warmth!




Comments

Popular Posts