Memory Lane: Pictures Tell A Story



From the moment I went to pick her out at the kennel until the end, this dog was at my side.  We did everything together!  We went to KPT (Kindergarten Puppy Training), then on to Intermediate, then on to Advanced classes.  We walked each day before I went to work 2 miles; then we'd walk 10 miles just about every Saturday and Sunday morning with my best friend, Boop and her GSP, Bunny.  We did volunteer work together.  We raised money each year for March of Dimes.  We played in the snow, in the rain and in the sunshine!  We drove down to the Great Smoky Mountains one fall and hiked there.  We went to New Hampshire with my best friends and their two pointers.  We went to the beach.  We went for ice cream.  We worked in the yard together.  We dug holes together. We napped together on the screen porch.  We played with Natasha together.  We explored new places, learned new things and  had adventure after adventure.  She was my best friend for a lot of years and helped me get through a lot of crazy times.  I know that God gave her to me for a reason and that I was meant to learn as much from her as she did from me! 

This is a picture board that I made after I had to put Lady Kiera Von Pooh, my German Short Haired Pointer, to sleep.  In the lower right corner are three messages.  I would like to share them with you. 

Lady Kiera Von Pooh
German Short Hair, Number 2
Dedicated to you:

" This is for your eyes,
  This is for your nose
  This is for your ears,
  This is for your toes,
  This is for your tail,
  This is for your spots,
  This is for your heart,
  This is 'cause I love you lots!
  You be strong and brave...you nap now.
She suffers no more.  On February 4, 2003, Kiera Von Pooh was put to rest.  In life, she was always at my side.  God has her now.  She has become my guardian angel, at my side forever.  I will miss her."

Shortly after Kiera was put down, my vet sent me a sympathy card.  The inscription reads:
"...Grieve not, nor speak of me with tears, but laugh and talk of me as if I were beside you...
I loved you so-'twas Heaven here with you."

I continue to abide by that message to this day, for it is what we learn along the way that we take with us wherever we go.

Comments

Popular Posts