Family

Arriving safely in CT last night, I couldn't wait to settle in at my mother-in-law's.  Mom is 86 and still going strong.  She maintains her home and beautiful yard pretty much on her own.  I mean she has a lawn service cut the grass for her, but otherwise she does everything herself.  She is always going somewhere or doing something.  A few of her kids live close by so it makes it nice for her and she is very close to the grandchildren and great grandchildren.  We have fun together.  We laugh a lot!  If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't have gotten into gardening with such a passion.  In fact, I brought up some Angel Trumpets that I started from seed with hopes that once they bloom, she can save the pods for seed for herself next year because they won't winter over in CT.

When we spoke on the phone before I left home, Mom had told me that on Thursday she wanted me to "rest up" after the 10 hour drive so I could look my best for my class reunion!  What a card!

It's nice to know how much I'm loved.  I like that...:)

Comments

Popular Posts