Chapter 1 - My Life: Let the Saga Begin...

Well, here I sit, attempting to write something that will peak someone's interest (s).  Let's start when we relocated from CT to the base of the Blue Ridge Mountains...that was back in '03.

I transferred down through my job and while living in a motel for 93 days (the most painful experience of my life!) searched for homes that we could look at with each visit from my husband.

I've always been a tomboy, loved the outdoors, and back when I was a kid, pretended to be Daniel Boone.  Yes, I set out on Thanksgiving morning with my PLASTIC rifle wearing my coonskin cap and was determined to bring home a rabbit for dinner!

Needless to say, you can imagine my reaction when I found a log home built in the 1800's located in a place called Boones Mill.   Perhaps Daniel himself had touched these trails while hunting for "bar"!  Wouldn't that have been awesome?  Anyway, I printed off the advertisement and brought it with me when I went home to CT for Easter holiday.

You really don't want to know the exact words my husband said when he read, " hand hewed log home built in the 1800's...wildlife abounds...trails, etc".  You see, my husband had retired from the fire department in 2001.  And to him, retired meant resting...doing as little as possible.  Catch my drift?

Although this was the beginning of our adventure here, it was not the beginning of My Life.  Weekly posts will begin next week...bear in mind, though, some of them will not be pretty!  Why?  Because sometimes life isn't.

Comments

Popular Posts