One Day



Munching on my Granny Smith apple as I drive to the reservoir on theses hot, humid Summer mornings, I keep an eye on Livy in the rear view mirror.

We love going here...this 300 acre parcel of land.  We've gone so many times and yet haven't even explored all the trails yet!    Although I will tell you that when it's exceptionally hot and humid, we just do a two mile loop. On cooler days we tend to wander more.  It's good for both of us.  

Finding some very interesting things on our walks, let alone all the people we've met has made this spot special.  In fact, just yesterday we met Stephanie and her dogs...Sunny (a German Wire-Haired Pointer), and Star (a White German Shepherd).

Interesting finds seem to find us.  I came across some Monotropa  Uniflora (Ghost Plant or Ghost Pipe as I know it) on one of the trails.
When I found the small area of  Lady Slippers off the side of another trail, it reminded me of home, although in our woods, we only have Jack-in-the Pulpits and Trillium.

Of course, although I have yet to see them, there are some interesting creatures that live there as well.  A few people have mentioned a recent hatch of Snapping Turtles as well as a pair of River Otters, which I would love to see!!


Once we're back home and because it's still early, I can do a little gardening while she sniffs out the chipmunks in the stonewalls.  Looking at these recent photos, I guess I need to fingd the culprit (s) who are enjoying my Cone flower petals!


At lease the Bumble Bees can still pollinate them.  Then the seeds will be devoured by the Goldfinches when it's time, dropping a few here and there for the gardener.



One more thing before I go on this hot, humid afternoon.

Did YOU see the Heron in the first photo?

In case you missed him...


seeing, saying, sharing....

One Day...

Comments

That's such a pretty area. I can see why you enjoy going there.
Ginny Hartzler said…
I sure did not see the Heron in the first photo! Good thing you showed us. What on earth could be eating your flowers? Deer maybe?

Popular Posts